- June 16, 2016
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course is required for those who intend to serve as a Fire Watch at any OSSA worksite. Participants receive instruction in areas such as: duties and responsibilities of a OSSA Fire Watch, what is meant by “hot work,” correct record keeping, use of safety equipment, emergency preparedness, how fire develops and transfers heat, fire suppression, when to fight a fire, and inspecting and using an extinguisher. At the completion of the course, all participants will practice extinguishing a fire using our leading-edge fire extinguisher simulator.
- Responsibilities and duties of an OSSA Fire Watch
- Legislation pertaining to fire hazards
- Proper Fire Watch pre-planning
- Fire behavior
- The “fire triangle” and “fire tetrahedron”
- The different types of fire extinguishers and their uses
- Correct operation of fire extinguishers
Cancelation Policy: Any cancelation requests made 24 hours prior to course date and start time will be given a 100% refund. If the cancellation occurs within a 24 hour period prior to start date and time a 50% refund will be applied. All cancelations after the allotted course start time will not be given a refund.
Venue: Edmonton Head Office
Venue Phone: 780.449.2700Address: